Who's who and what they do
The operation of the club is run as a not-for-profit organisation with paid teachers and coaches. The rest of the admin is carried out by a small army of volunteers. We are always looking for more volunteers to help ensure the club runs smoothly. These can be both poolside roles or tasks you can do from home. Some examples are listed below.
- Whips - who help poolside at events to ensure swimmers are in the right place in time for their events (Require a club DBS check)
- Officials - who through Swim England training can progress from Timekeeper, to Judge, to Starter, to Referee. The best poolside view in the house.
- Enquiry coordinators - who have access to the club's email system and look out for new member requests
- Schools coordinator - to work with the marketing volunteers and help seed info out to target schools
- Assistant Shop Keeper – ensure web-based club orders make their way to members alongside Sharon Garner
- Event reporter – to write up feedback on competitive events and contribute to the Newsletter
If you are interested in helping out, no matter how small the contribution, then please either drop an email to [email protected] or [email protected] or speak to anyone poolside to give them your name. This is really useful when we run events, but it also helps in the day to admin of the club.
...Coaches / Teachers / Helpers
Personal Trainer and Nutritional Advisor
Website / SCM administator
Club Kit, Social Media & Photography
Welfare Officer (Outgoing)
Welfare Officer (Incoming)
Senior Squad Parent Rep
Chair, Marketing & Masters Rep, Officials Coordinator
Membership & Queen of Medals