As a competitive swimming club, Wey Valley offers various opportunities to compete:
- Internal club competitions – Club Champs (Nov/Dec) and Summer Sprints (June/July).
- Galas: we take part in various single and multi-round competitions against other clubs – our most important event is the National Arena League.
- Open meets: these are more flexible than galas, allowing multiple swimmers to compete in the same event. We identify one open meet a term where we aim for a high turn-out from our swimmers to build a great team atmosphere.
- County/Regional Championships for those who swim qualifying times at licensed events (club champs/open meets).
Competition is important for members of the club’s competitive squads, who are expected to:
- Take part in our two annual internal club competitions.
- Represent the club at galas (if invited).
- Participate in a couple of open meets each year.
Competing is entirely optional for anyone swimming for fitness. We arrange more informal events for swimmers in our lessons.